Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall in Alaska

It's Fall. The air is crisp (VERY crisp...it actually started SNOWING today!), the leaves have turned their mellow golds, and the last fish have been caught for the season. Here are a few pics from our fall fishing and sailing adventures....




This is our neighborhood court, Kushtaka Circle, tucked against the Chugach Mountains.




One last fishing trip for Silver Salmon on the Kenai River...



Our final boat trip out of Seward for the season. After this boat trip, SV High Endeavours went into hibernation for the winter season. We removed her sails and winterized her.

The SUN came out and shone on us all weekend. We spent the four day weekend exploring beaches, walking up creeks, relaxing, and picking berries.... This was the morning view out my galley window...the sun coming up over the mountains, causing the water on the shore rocks to evaporate...


Chris dropped me off by dinghy at this water-surrounded rock, but eventually came back for me.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, I wish I was there. friggin beautiful dude.

Nice silver! He's beefy

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris and Jen!!! I love your blog and pics....and I am very jealous of all your adventures!

'toria said...

Can you see Russia from your house?